Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Search by category   

Input keyword(s) 

 Back to Search Results
Property Tax
What is the last day I can pay delinquent 2017 real estate taxes to avoid the issuance of a tax certificate?
This answer has been viewed 4973 times and was last updated on 06/01/2018.
 Print this page

Delinquent 2017 real estate tax payments made in person, online or by mail must be received by 5 PM EST on May 30, 2018 in the form of cash, cashier's check, treasurer's check, money order, debit card (subject to your bank's daily limit), certified funds or wire transfer* in order to avoid the sale of a tax certificate on May 31, 2018. 

* Wire transfers must be received in our office in time for us to be able to process the payment before 5 PM.

The cut-off for all drop-off payments is 5 PM on May 29, 2018 but customers can still pay online or wait for an associate to post their payment at 4 of our office locations* through 5 PM May 30, 2018.

A postmark is not honored on delinquent payments. Please view our Online Payment FAQ's section. Note: After the Tax Certificate Sale held on May 31, online payment will resume.

*The Driver License Office does not accept property tax payments.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What payment methods are available for property taxes?
How do I apply for Homestead Exemption on my property taxes?
What are Ad Valorem Taxes?
What are Non-Ad Valorem Assessments?
I have a question about my Community Development District (CDD) assessment; who do I contact?