Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Driver License
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?
This answer has been viewed 7881 times and was last updated on 12/31/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Private companies can administer the driving skills road test on weekends, after hours, or during regular business hours in locations throughout Manatee County.  Upon successful completion of the test, the company uploads your results to the State of Florida, allowing us to use the test results on file.  This expedites the issuance of your license when you visit our office.  Contact Ault’s Driver Education Center at 941-355-4202 or by email at for details, or visit for a list of private providers.

If you choose to have the Manatee County Tax Collector's office administer your Class E driving skills road test, they are by appointment only for Manatee County residents and must be processed at our Driver License Office located at 904 301 Blvd. W. Please be prepared to provide proof in your name by bringing a rental lease, utility bill, property tax bill, or U.S. mail addressed to you that indicates that you reside in Manatee County. If you live with someone else in Manatee County and do not have proof in your name, click here to complete an affidavit of residency and provide the same proof as described above in the name of the person you are living with. Visit to schedule your appointment.

If you are interested in taking the Class E Driving Skills Road Test, you must:

  1. Schedule an appointment.
  2. Complete a Driver License Application and bring it with you to your appointment.
  3. If under 18, ask your parent or guardian to complete a Consent Form and bring it with you to your appointment (if they won’t be accompanying you to our office).
  4. If you plan on using a rental vehicle to take the Road Test, you must complete the Rental Vehicle Affidavit.  (If you’re not on the rental agreement, you must have the form completed by the person who is named in the rental agreement.)

  5. Read the Road Test Information & Instructions for additional information.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
What is the Real ID Act?

Top of page