The Manatee County Tax Collector's Office offers full service driver license services in the Specialized Driver License department at our Desoto location.
Many limited services are available at our North River, Lakewood Ranch, and Palma Sola locations.
Please use the links at the left for more information.
APPOINTMENTS NOW REQUIRED FOR SELECT DRIVER LICENSE AND ID CARD SERVICES
For more information about these services, visit our transaction requirements page.
- Class E Road Testing - Proof of Manatee County residency required
- Written Testing - Proof of Manatee County residency required
- Learner Licenses - Written Testing needed in person or already passed testing online
- Non-US Citizens - Includes all immigrants, permanent residents, "green card" holders, non-immigrants and temporary residents
- Naturalized US Citizens and US Citizens Born Abroad
- Transfer Out-of-State Driver License or ID Card to Florida when License/ID is Lost or Stolen
- First-Time (In Lifetime) ID Card Issuance - Never had a government-issued ID Card in any US State
- Beginning 07/01/2015 - Medical-Related Testing, Re-Exams and Issues/Questions