In order for the Manatee County Tax Collector's office to process your paperwork, you must provide proof that you reside in Manatee County either on a full-time basis or a part-time basis. (If you cannot provide proof of Manatee County residency, you cannot process your paperwork by mail in Manatee County.) Please submit a copy of one of the following items indicating a Manatee County address:

  • Florida Driver license (must have a Manatee County address)
  • Paid receipt for utility, telephone service, paid contract or turn-on order for utility service
  • Proof of homestead exemption
  • Rental or lease contract agreement
  • Current year motor vehicle, mobile home or boat certificate of registration
  • Copy of insurance policy for motor vehicle, mobile home or boat
  • Other documentary evidence that provides independent proof of a Manatee County address

In order to obtain a Florida title, please send the following:

All individual(s) must submit a copy of one of the following with the application for title:

  • A valid driver license or ID card with photo issued by any US state or territory (Florida driver license must indicate a Manatee County address).
  • A Canadian driver license or ID card
  • A valid US or out-of-country passport
  • If transaction is being completed by Power of AttorneyPDF file a copy of the valid driver license, identification card or passport for both the applicant and the person appointed power of attorney is required.

When a title is being transferred into the name of a business, proof of the validity of the business must be submitted and may be a copy of the following:

For a Florida registered business:

  • Proof of Occupational License
  • A current year IRS tax return showing the business name
  • Active corporation or fictitious name documents filed with the Secretary of State
  • Dept. of Business & Professional Regulation License or Dept. of State License
  • Proof of registration with the Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
  • Department of Revenue Sales Tax Registration/Exemption Certificate
  • IRS Heavy Use Tax (for Dump Trucks and Heavy Trucks) Form 2290
  • Current year Manatee County Personal Property Tax bill or receipt

For an out-of-state registered business:

  • A current IRS tax return (one page that shows the business name).
  • Valid State business document or Occupational License

The following are unacceptable types of verification for businesses:

  • A bank or checking account with the business name on it
  • A bill in the name of the business
  • Mail addressed to the business

NOTE: Proof of authorization of an agent is required for all vehicles going into a business name.

One of the following must be submitted:

  • If the agent is signing for a Florida registered business and the person is listed on www.sunbiz.orgNew window as an officer or director a screen print must be submitted.
  • If the agent signing or business is not listed on the Sun Biz website or the business is not registered in Florida, the agent signing must submit a letter on original business letterhead, which states that they are authorized to sign on behalf of the business. (The letter may be signed by any individual, provided s/he is someone other than the person signing the application.)

You can fill in and print the Application for Certificate of TitlePDF file here. A double-wide mobile home requires two separate applications.

  • Complete sections 1 thru 5. If company owned, an FEID number MUST be provided.
  • It is mandatory that a Florida address be provided in section 1 of the Application for Certificate of Title under the "Owner's or Lessee's Physical Street Address in Florida (Mandatory)" section.
  • The mobile home physical address must be listed in section 1.
  • All applicants MUST sign section 12. (If signing as an agent of a business, the agent's position with the business must be noted.)
NEW MOBILE HOME: Manufacturer's Statement of Origin
USED MOBILE HOME: Florida Certificate of Title

*The title must be signed over on the purchaser and seller lines when:

  • Ownership is changing
  • Adding/removing a name
  • Transferring to/from a trust
  • Name change

Mobile homes, travel trailers and park models on Rental Property are taxable based on the purchase price. When determining sales tax due an Itemized Invoice AffidavitPDF file (with notary or perjury clause), when properly completed by the customer, may reduce the taxable value and thereby may reduce the amount of sales tax collected. The affidavit is not applicable for a licensed dealer, broker, or real estate agent assisted sales, as these types of transactions are subject to sales tax on the full selling price.

Mobile homes that have already been classified as Real Property are sales tax exempt on the total purchase price. If a mobile home has not already been classified as Real Property (new mobile homes), sales tax would be due at the time of transfer.

If the mobile home is located on real property (land owned), a black and white RP decal must be displayed. An RP decal is a permanent decal, and the property is subject to real estate taxes each year. Note: RP decals are the only decals transferable to new owners at the time of the sale. In all other situations, see fee schedule below. All mobile homes must display a decal in the front window. If the unit is a double-wide, two decals must be displayed. Decals for mobile homes located on rental property are to be purchased at the time of title transfer and expire in December.

6. CHECK or money order in US funds made payable to Ken Burton Jr., Tax Collector. Your check is welcome provided it includes: Full name, street address, home telephone number with area code, driver license number and state of issuance. Starter checks are not acceptable. If your check is returned, it may be re-presented electronically. By submitting your payment by check, you are authorizing service charges and processing fees, as permitted by F.S. 832, to be debited from the same account by paper draft or electronically, at the option of the Tax Collector.

7. Mail your paperwork to:
Ken Burton Jr., Tax Collector
Attn: Customer Contact Center
819 301 Blvd. West
Bradenton, Florida 34205
Phone: 941-741-4800
www.taxcollector.comNew window

Note: Please allow 10-14 business days for processing and mail time. If you would like expedited mail services, a prepaid overnight envelope must be supplied with your transaction. *Fast titles cannot be issued by mail.


The registration begins the day of purchase/ownership change and ends on December 31st. The registration fee is determined by the length of the mobile home. To determine the number of months required, start with the month the mobile home was purchased and count through to December.

Visit our website for title/registration feesNew window.

Note: All fees listed below are for a single wide mobile home. Double wide mobile homes will have two titles and two registrations; therefore, the fees are to be doubled.

1. Mobile Home Decal Fee:  
Classification Length (In Feet) 1-12 Months  
Rental Property Up to 35 $26.60
Rental Property 36 thru 40 $31.60
Rental Property 41 thru 45 $36.60
Rental Property 46 thru 50 $41.60
Rental Property 51 thru 55 $46.60
Rental Property 56 thru 60 $51.60
Rental Property 61 thru 65 $56.60
Rental Property 66 & Up $86.60
Real Property   $5.10
Real Property decal number(s) to be transferred:
Park Trailer or Travel Trailer with a license plate that expires on the first registered owner's birthday   $65.10
2. Title Fee: (CHOOSE ONLY ONE)

Because you are applying for your title by mail, the "fast title" option is not available.
Brand New Mobile Home $79.25
Mobile Home Currently Titled in Florida $78.25
3. Late Fee:
If completed application is not received in our office within 30 days from purchase date
4. Sales Tax:
Not applicable if the mobile home has been owned for more than 6 months or if sales tax was already paid. For more information about sales taxNew window, please visit our website.

Purchase Price  
Itemized list of furnishings  
5. Lien Fee:
If you have a lien on the mobile home

Did you include all required documents?

  • Your contact information on the front page of the Mail Packet
  • Proof of Manatee County Residency
  • Proof of Identification
  • Proof of business verification - if applicable
  • Application for Certificate of Title
  • Original Certificate of Origin OR Original Certificate of Title
  • Itemized Invoice Affidavit
  • Real Property decal number, if applicable
  • Check or money order in US funds made payable to Ken Burton Jr., Tax Collector

The information contained in this packet is believed to be correct, but is not warranted and is subject to change.