Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Motor Vehicle
My heavy truck renewal is too expensive! What can I do to make it more affordable?
This answer has been viewed 2251 times and was last updated on 09/13/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Heavy trucks (weighing more than 5,000 lbs) with a renewal amount of more than $100 per year may be eligible to register for a semiannual renewal period.  The semiannual registrations expire on midnight of May 31st (1st semiannual period) and December 31st (2nd semiannual period).

Avoid standing in line and save gas and time....renew online at (subject to eligibility).  You can also renew by mail, which costs less than renewing in person. 

For additional information on semiannual heavy truck registration renewals, view our heavy truck FAQ.

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served, in person, at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
I have a heavy truck or I plan on buying a heavy truck; what are the requirements and fees?
I am active duty or retired military. Are there any special pricing, privileges or exemptions available for me when titling or registering a car, truck or motorcycle?
What kind of license plates do you offer?
What is required to title and register a motor scooter or to register a moped?
How do I change the address on my car, truck, motorcycle or trailer registration?

Top of page