Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Mobile Home
What is required to title and register a mobile home?
This answer has been viewed 9347 times and was last updated on 11/19/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Mobile Home Title Transfer – What you need to know

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

We want to make your visit to the Manatee County Tax Collector's Office a pleasant experience.

Don't want to spend time waiting? Schedule an appointment online. You will receive a coupon for a free car wash.

View our Florida Title Transfer publication for information regarding the documentation required to transfer a Florida title.

Would you like to complete your transaction by mail? Visit our Title by Mail page.

The Property Appraiser's Office should be notified when you purchase a mobile home so the property tax records can be changed.

Cost – The average cost to title and register a double wide mobile home for the first time is $240, excluding the 6 percent sales tax (plus any applicable discretionary tax). For a detailed listing of costs, visit our motor vehicle fees page.

Recording a Lien – If you would like to record a lien at the time the title transfer is taking place, be prepared to provide us with the name and address of the lien holder. In some cases you will need a Notice of Lien form completed before a lien is recorded. The cost is $2 per lien.

Additional Notes

  • Mobile homes located on Rental Property are taxable based on the purchase price.
  • Mobile homes that have already been classified as Real Property are sales tax exempt on the total purchase price. If it has not already been classified as real property (new mobile homes), sales tax would be due at the time of transfer.
  • A mobile home that has been declared Real Property and is sold and removed from the land will revert to Rental Property and is taxable based on the purchase price.
  • When collecting sales tax on a mobile home, travel trailer or park model that resides on Rental Property, an Itemized Invoice Affidavit (with notary or perjury clause), when properly completed, can reduce the amount of sales tax collected. This affidavit, however, is not applicable for licensed dealer, broker, or real estate agent assisted sales as these types of transactions are subject to sales tax on the full selling price.

Note: It is the customer's responsibility to complete this affidavit. If an error is made and caught by the Department of Revenue, the liability is on the customer, not our office.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What is an electronic title (or e-title)? Why should I store my title electronically?
How do I get a Real Property, or RP, decal?
What happens when my mobile home registration/decal becomes delinquent?
How much does it cost to renew my mobile home registration/decal?
I just bought a used mobile home that is currently titled and registered in Florida. How do I transfer the title into my name and get a decal?

Top of page