We want to make your visit to the Manatee County Tax Collector's Office a pleasant experience.
Don't want to spend time waiting? Schedule an appointment online. You will receive a coupon for a free car wash.
Would you like to complete your transaction by mail? Visit our Title by Mail page.
The Property Appraiser's Office should be notified when you purchase a mobile home so the property tax records can be changed.
Required Items to title a mobile home:
- The original title or certificate/statement of origin: Both the buyer and seller must properly complete the "Transfer of Title by Seller" section on the title. It must include printed names and signatures of buyer(s) and seller(s), selling price, and date of sale. NOTE: Cross-outs, white-out, alterations, or erasures may void the title. (Click here for an example of how to properly complete a title for transfer.)
- Proper method of payment: Title transactions in our office can be paid for with cash, check, certified funds or debit card. Credit cards and "starter" checks are not accepted.
- Identification: All owners or purchasers* must be present with a valid (unexpired) state-issued Driver License/ID Card (includes US Territories) or a valid (unexpired) passport from any country. If an owner/purchaser cannot be present, consider using a Power of Attorney form to complete the transaction; you must have a copy of the absent individual's identification along with the completed Power of Attorney form.
- You will also be required to pay sales tax, if applicable.
- For additional information on Florida Title Transfers, view our Florida Transfer publication.
Fees Required to title and register:
The average cost to title and register a double wide mobile home for the first time is $240, excluding the 6 percent sales tax (plus any applicable discretionary tax).
For a detailed listing of costs, visit our motor vehicle fees page.
Do you need to record a lien?
If you would like to record a lien at the time the title transfer is taking place, be prepared to provide us with the name and address of the lien holder. In some cases you will need a Notice of Lien form completed before a lien is recorded. The cost is $2 per lien.
Are you selling a motor vehicle, boat, or mobile home?
It is required for an owner or co-owner who has transferred or sold a motor vehicle, boat or mobile home to notify the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) within 30 days after the sale or transfer to satisfy the requirement for limitation of liability. This can be done with a Notice of Sale or by detaching and completing the top 3rd of the Florida title, above the perforation, and mailing to the DHSMV at the address listed on the form. Click here for additional requirements.
Note: Double-wide mobile homes will have 2 titles and triple-wide mobile homes will have 3 titles, all of which require sign-off when sold.
Not a Manatee County resident? Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.