Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Motor Vehicle /Boat
What types of specialized title transactions must be processed by drop off?
This answer has been viewed 4051 times and was last updated on 01/11/2019.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

To continually strive to improve our customer service, we have implemented ways for specialized title transactions to be processed.  The options below provide you with the flexibility to meet your needs and avoid wait times in our lobbies.

OPTION 1:  Visit the First Manatee South County Tag Agency located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton 34207 (Southwood Shops).  The First Manatee South County Tag Agency has extended hours Monday thru Friday (9am-6pm) and Saturday hours (9am-2pm).  All transactions can be processed as a walk-in (some restrictions apply) or can be dropped off.  Drop-off work will be processed within a 1-business day turnaround.  Please note that this office accepts cash or check only.  A 2% fee will be charged on all check transactions to guarantee funds.  Appointments are available at this office, but are not required. To schedule an appointment with this office, visit

OPTION 2:  Drop off title and/or registration work at the DeSoto location of the Manatee County Tax Collector Office, located at 819 301 Blvd W, Bradenton.  Most transactions are completed and available for pickup within 2 business days, after 4pm (not including the day the work is dropped off and holidays).  As a courtesy, our office will call the number provided on your control sheet when your work is ready for pickup.  When picking up or dropping off work, you must check-in with the receptionist.

2 Business Day Turnaround Chart:

Title Work Dropped Off On: Can Be Picked Up at 4 PM On:
Monday Wednesday
Tuesday Thursday
Wednesday Friday
Thursday Monday
Friday Tuesday


A Control Sheet must be submitted with the drop off work.  Submit 1 check (for each control sheet submitted) made payable to Ken Burton, Jr., Tax Collector (no cash accepted) with the amount blank.  It is preferred that the control sheet, drop off work, and check be placed in an envelope or folder when dropped off at the DeSoto Office.

Also, any rejected work will be returned with a checklist detailing the reason for rejection.  Work that is resubmitted after corrections have been made is still subject to the 2-business day turnaround.


 OPTION 3:  If the 2 options above don't fit your busy schedule, you may visit another tax collector's office.  Below are the offices closest to you:


Pinellas County Tax Collector

1067 62nd Ave S

St. Petersburg, FL  33705


Hillsborough County Tax Collector

3002 College Avenue

Ruskin, Florida  33570


Sarasota County Tax Collector

101 Washington Blvd S

Sarasota, FL  34246



Below is the list of specialized title transactions that must be processed at the First Manatee South County Tag Agency or as drop off work at the DeSoto location of the Manatee County Tax Collector's Office.

Specialized Motor Vehicle Transactions

Specialized Boat Transactions

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
I have a heavy truck or I plan on buying a heavy truck; what are the requirements and fees?
I am active duty or retired military. Are there any special pricing, privileges or exemptions available for me when titling or registering a car, truck or motorcycle?
What kind of license plates do you offer?
What is required to title and register a motor scooter or to register a moped?
How do I replace/update my car, truck, motorcycle or trailer registration?

Top of page