On this page
Our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section provides information and resources on various topics. To find answers to your questions, use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If the answer to a FAQ doesn't resolve your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.
Question detailBack to search results
Category: Mobile Home
What is required to title and register a mobile home in Florida?
This answer has been viewed 24546 times and was last updated on 12/14/2021.
For information regarding Florida title transfers, read our Florida title transfer publication. For an estimate of fees, visit our motor vehicle fees page.
For additional general information regarding mobile home titles and registrations in Florida, read our mobile home general information publication. It contains information about mobile homes, such as:
- The difference between annual registration decals and real property (RP) registration decals, and how to obtain them
- Paying sales tax on your mobile home purchase
- Specific sales tax exemptions when titling a mobile home
- Paying taxes on a carport and/or screened porch
- Notifying the property appraiser when you purchase a mobile home
- Property tax exemptions for mobile home owners
- Replacing a lost Florida mobile home title
- What to do if you bought a mobile home and the seller lost the title
- Selling your mobile home
- Completing a mobile home title transfer by mail
Not a Manatee County resident? Out-of-county residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th Street West, Bradenton. For information, fee/service charges, hours of operation, holiday closures and to make an appointment (not required) visit: https://www.autotagagency.net/locations/florida/manatee-county/first-manatee-south-county-tag-agency-bradenton/.
Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:What happens when my mobile home registration/decal becomes delinquent?
What should I do if I have dismantled or destroyed a mobile home that was located in Manatee County?
I received a mobile home "Notice of Impending Court Summons." What should I do?
Where should the decal(s) be displayed on a mobile home?
Where should the license plate be displayed on a travel trailer or park model permanently affixed to the ground?