The mission of the Manatee County Tax Collector's office is to perform our duties with integrity and respect, focusing on innovation and serving with excellence.
Top of page
Our vision and core values
Innovating Better Ways to Serve
Our core values
Core values are the essential and enduring tenets of an organization – the very small set of guiding principles that have a profound impact on how everyone in the organization thinks and acts. Core values require no external justification. They have intrinsic value and are of significant importance to those inside the organization. They are the few extremely powerful guiding principles, the soul of the organization, and the values that guide all actions.
Our core values are:
- Customer focus – We strive toward understanding and anticipating what our customers are trying to accomplish and, more importantly, delivering what they truly value.
- Innovation – We recognize technology as the key to success and consider ourselves pioneers and innovators implementing it into the workplace. We also develop a spirit of inquiry and strive for ongoing education and development.
- Future focus – We strive to be forward thinking as we plan for change and the future needs of the organization and the community.
- Integrity and respect – We operate openly and hold the highest ethical standards as we embrace diversity and treat our constituents, staff members, vendors, and stakeholders with integrity and respect.
- Teamwork – We communicate and interact well with colleagues to unleash the power of teamwork throughout our office.
- Excellence and accountability – We take personal ownership for ensuring that we strive for excellence in all aspects of our daily responsibilities.
- Community and social responsibility – We play an active role in enhancing the quality of life; both personally and as an organization.
Top of page